Time has been flying by these past few months and we realized that we’ve been neglecting the site again. It’s probably due for a major overhaul to better suit how we use it these days. We originally created this website as a way to keep in touch with family while we were planning our wedding, and over the years it’s morphed into a collection of pictures from our adventures to eventually our family site. During that time the internet has changed quite a bit with similar services such as Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, Twitter, etc. and the need for personal websites is not as great. I’d still like to keep the site going, but need to re-think what would make it useful for our various friends and family throughout the world. We’ll see what 2017 brings!
Realized that we haven’t updated the family blog since July! It’s not that there hasn’t been anything going on, quite the opposite actually, things have been extremely busy. Both the kids are now in school, and Inara is doing so well in Kindergarten – we’re so proud of her! It seems that every weekend we’ve been busy with various events, classes, and get-togethers with school and neighbourhood friends, and as we approach the holiday season things are ramping up even more. Both Nicole and I are looking forward to everything calming down after Christmas so we can take a breath and relax.
I will try to update the site more frequently.
Lucas and Inara have finished up the end of their soccer season, and just in time to avoid the recent heatwave. As much as they loved it, I’m definitely not going to miss sweating through another game as we slowly bake in the sun!
- We’ve renovated the basement (which took longer than expected thanks to a frozen pipe over the winter) and turned it into a playroom for the kids and an exercise area for the parents 🙂
- Lucas graduated Kindergarten and was accepted into the French Immersion program for next year. As a result, both he and Inara (starting Kindergarten!) will be attending a different school come September
- Lucas celebrated his 6th birthday in June with a party at the Butterfly Conservatory
- We’ve already had a relaxing week and a few weekends up at the cottage, and looking forward to another week in August
- Both of the kids have been playing soccer this year and have been loving it!
It’s hard to believe that the year is already half over and we’re into our summer routine! As the kids get older, life seems to be getting busier and busier 🙂