A quick video of (a very tired) Lucas at his Saturday morning karate demonstration!
Realized that we haven’t updated the family blog since July! It’s not that there hasn’t been anything going on, quite the opposite actually, things have been extremely busy. Both the kids are now in school, and Inara is doing so well in Kindergarten – we’re so proud of her! It seems that every weekend we’ve been busy with various events, classes, and get-togethers with school and neighbourhood friends, and as we approach the holiday season things are ramping up even more. Both Nicole and I are looking forward to everything calming down after Christmas so we can take a breath and relax.
I will try to update the site more frequently.
Lucas and Inara have finished up the end of their soccer season, and just in time to avoid the recent heatwave. As much as they loved it, I’m definitely not going to miss sweating through another game as we slowly bake in the sun!
- We’ve renovated the basement (which took longer than expected thanks to a frozen pipe over the winter) and turned it into a playroom for the kids and an exercise area for the parents 🙂
- Lucas graduated Kindergarten and was accepted into the French Immersion program for next year. As a result, both he and Inara (starting Kindergarten!) will be attending a different school come September
- Lucas celebrated his 6th birthday in June with a party at the Butterfly Conservatory
- We’ve already had a relaxing week and a few weekends up at the cottage, and looking forward to another week in August
- Both of the kids have been playing soccer this year and have been loving it!
It’s hard to believe that the year is already half over and we’re into our summer routine! As the kids get older, life seems to be getting busier and busier 🙂